Having lived in Japan for more than a year now, I’ve been exposed to a fair amount of some of the funniest, and outrageously bad Japanese to English translations. In this post I’ll share 29 of the most hilarious ones I have encountered!
1) Taco Bell’s campaign against basket throwing
2) Room slippers that make me uncomfortable
3) Self-paying products available
4) A very generous buffet
5) No public milking allowed
6) Never knew tea time could be so nice
7) Not sure which is worst – that the food is drunk or it is bad?
8) The most dangerous steam ever
9) Domestic violence at its worst
10) Please clear up after the skewer has finished eating
11) Precision baking
12) The water is safe to drink except it tastes awful
13) A heavily armed bowl of noodles
14) Please don’t take the gate for granted
15) The stairs is not allowed to sit
16) Eating and drinking not allowed, except we don’t know where
17) I actually know someone like that
18) This cash register flouted some rules and received its punishment
19) Are they selling carp food or carp?
20) You can forget something, but you can’t put anything behind you
21) Somehow I prefer hard on
22) Newest addition to the menu – edible airplanes
23) Latest trends in the hotdog industry
24) A kooky bakery
25) So where is the tax-free?
26) A frail and fragile ice cream
27) Salad hybrid
28) Soup taking care of its vegetables
29) Thai Restaurant that is just a front for some serious illegal activity